We are a Dutch company and therefore have to comply with Dutch law. The terms and conditions below are a translation and no rights can be derived from these.
Terms & Conditions
We move you professionally and as efficiently as possible. To make this possible, we have a number of general terms and conditions to make your move successful and to your liking.
Definitions: Under contractor and / or Student Moving Service B.V. is understood in these General Terms and Conditions Student Moving Service B.V. unless otherwise stated in these General Terms and Conditions.
Client: this means the Client and any representative of the Client, contact person specified on behalf of the Client and the group on behalf of which the Client requests / books the services. In addition, the person indicated has a payment obligation and must be allowed to bear the comparable / related activities, powers and responsibilities of the Client.
Written: this also means a digital message.
- When hoisting it is necessary that we can access the lifting beam, this is your responsibility.
- Hoisting is at your own risk. All damages caused by hoisting are fully borne by the client. When using (moving)elevators your
belongings are insured.
- The contents of the customer must be packed ready for transport (except for full service).
- The contents of a removal box must be packed in such a way that loose items can not damage each other. Ladles and / or doors must also be secured. Where necessary, fragile parts must be adequately protected. The Contractor offers a range of packaging materials for this on its website.
- The Client must ensure sufficient parking space for the removal vans and trailers.
If you have reserved sufficient parking space, it remains the responsibility of the Client to pay sufficient parking fees.
The responsibility for applying for an exemption lies with the Client, unless it has to be requested by the Contractor at the Client’s explicit request. If no exemption has been requested, any resulting costs will be for the account of the Client.
- The Client, or the indicated contact person, must have sufficient payment options to pay the total fee of the move, instruct the movers where necessary and bears full responsibility.
- The Client must be present during the entire move to ensure the safety of the goods. Items of extreme value must remain in the possession of the Client at all times.
- At wind speeds of more than 60 km / h or other weather conditions that make the relocation dangerous, the Contractor reserves the right to reschedule the removal to a different date.
- All boxes must be well closed, cabinet doors locked, loose shelves in the cabinets must be removed in
order to limit damage during transport (except for full service).
- All valuables such as jewelry, money, etc. must at all times remain under the supervision of the Client.
- Disassembly and assembly of furniture must be notified by the Client in advance and will take place at all times at the Client’s own risk.
- Any agreements and / or commitments deviating from these General Terms and Conditions will only be binding on the Contractor if they have been confirmed explicitly in writing by the Contractor prior to the commencement of the removal.
- The customer is responsible for the access to the moving hook.
- The Client is responsible for a free passage for the entire contents that needs to be moved. This applies to all addresses that the Contractor makes on behalf of the Client.
- Address changes can only be reported to the Contractor via the application form or in writing prior to the commencement of the removal. The price and time indication as provided and accepted is no longer valid if the Contractor does not contact known addresses on behalf of the Client. The Client hereby accepts all (ensuing) financial consequences.
- stairway portals, including corridor, must be completely cleared before the start of the move.
- To use the moving elevator, frames must be cleared and windows must be able to open fully. If this is not the case, the Client accepts full liability for any damage to frames and / or windows.
- When using / ordering, Client agrees to place the removal lift against the building. If the Client chooses not to have the Contractor view the relevant situation, the Contractor indemnifies all possible damage to the building through the use of the moving lift and / or carrying out the work.
- The Contractor can (dis) assemble the windows where necessary. This must be reported in writing to the Contractor prior to the commencement of the removal.
Disassembly of windows and / or doors is at all times at the Client’s own risk.
- The Contractor is authorized to refuse an assignment, possibly without giving reasons.
- Payment must be made in cash or by debit card immediately after the removal, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- Private individuals can not pay per invoice.
- Companies can pay by invoice in accordance with the Contractor, whereby the Contractor receives a Chamber of Commerce certificate and a copy of the ID of the Client or authorized representative prior to the removal.
- For every relocation a minimum of 3 hours will be charged, unless explicitly stated otherwise by the Contractor.
- Outside of Amsterdam time is charged until return in Amsterdam. If your start and / or end address is outside Amsterdam, the move will start and / or end from the departure and / or return of the entire moving team. Within Amsterdam, a maximum of 30 minutes driving time and 30 minutes driving back time will be charged.
- If an item has an above-average value or disproportionate value, this must be reported in writing before the start of the removal. Examples are; precious works of art, (precious) design furniture pieces or heirlooms with high emotional value. If the Client fails to do so, the Client shall deprive the Contractor of the possibility to take the correct precautionary measures. As a result, the transport of items such as with a value as described above will automatically take place at the risk of the Client. The Contractor does not accept any liability for the items described above if it has not been informed before the start of the removal.
- Sufficient manpower must be ordered or present at a move, including at least one skilled mover.
- The Client or related parties such as auxiliaries, parents, family, employers or otherwise related parties and / or persons who (in) directly linked to the Client, are prohibited to induce employees of the Contractor to make an employment contract, paid work or to enter into or offer a different employment relationship with another company, with the intention of lending the employee through this other company or having paid work. If a party or person as described above offers an employment contract and / or paid work to employees of the Contractor, a fine of € 10,000.00 is imposed here. In addition, a fine is charged for each day that this offer has not been withdrawn with written notification to the Contractor of € 1,000.00 per day.
- Heavy objects such as (for example) washing machines must be expertly moved with enough manpower.
- The Contractor reserves the right to use extra help if there is a shortage of manpower and / or material. The costs arising from this are at all times for the account of the Client.
- In the event of damage to an insured item, arising from a guaranteed risk, the compensation payable by the insurers will not exceed the repair or restoration costs of the damaged objects, as provided for in the expert report. As a result, any depreciation that the goods would have after repairs or restoration is excluded from the insurance.
- In the event that the items insured by this policy constitute a pair or a series insured for their total value, the value of each object will be calculated by dividing the total value by the number of objects that make up the pair or series.
- If it turns out to be necessary to initiate legal proceedings for the collection of the debt collection for collection, all costs associated with legal proceedings (such as bailiff costs, court fees, lawyer’s fees and all additional and related costs) will be charged to the client.
Cookies are small, simple text files that your computer or mobile device stores when you use our site / web store.
- In case of damage, the Client must specify this damage in the presence of the movers and have this confirmed in writing, this must then be confirmed with a signature for legal validity. The liability expires after the departure of the movers.
- The household effects placed in the moving van that are unloaded or lifted by someone other than an employee of the Contractor are not insured. The same applies to household effects that are not placed on the removal lift.
- The moving lift will be charged for at least 3 hours, unless explicitly stated otherwise by the Contractor.
- The Contractor can not be held liable for the loss or theft of goods of the Client.
- The taking of legal measures will not take place until after the debtor has been summoned by the debt collection agency in writing at least once, unless special circumstances make the taking of legal measures necessary.
- The client may under no circumstances make a set-off. Invoice must be settled at all times, regardless of whether damage has occurred. Any damage must be dealt with afterwards.
- All intellectual property rights relating to the products and / or services, as well as the designs, software, documentation and all other materials that are developed and / or used to prepare or execute the agreement between the Contractor and the Client, or those resulting from it. arising solely from the Contractor.
The delivery of products and / or services does not extend to any transfer of the intellectual property rights. The Client will only receive a non-exclusive and non-transferable right to use the products and results of the services for the agreed objectives. In such use, the Client will strictly comply with the conditions laid down in the General Terms and Conditions or otherwise imposed on the Client. The Client shall not, in any way whatsoever, reproduce the products and results of the services in whole or in part or make them available to a third party without the prior written consent of the Contractor.
The Client shall not remove or modify indications of the Contractor or its suppliers regarding copyrights, trademarks, trade names or other intellectual property rights. The Contractor warrants that it is entitled to grant the aforementioned right of use to the Client and indemnifies the Client against any claims by third parties in this respect. This provision does not apply if and insofar as the products and / or results of the services have been changed and / or if these have been delivered in conjunction with third-party goods, unless the Client demonstrates in the last-mentioned case that the claims of third parties exclusively relate to have on the products and / or results of the services delivered by the Contractor.
- If damage occurs during the relocation, you must notify the Contractor in writing. This notification must be received by the Contractor no later than 7 days after the removal. This term has been set in connection with the number of removals that the employees of the Contractor perform, after 7 days it is difficult to recall specific details.
This written claim notification is separate from damage detection during the move. If the damage report is received by the Contractor after the earlier stated period, you must be able to prove that you could not meet this earlier due to force majeure.
- If the Client has not complained his / her claim / complaint within the set period, all his rights and claims for whatever reason will lapse in respect of what he / she has complained about or could have complained about within that period. With due regard to P.38
- The Contractor reserves the right to terminate the contract without any compensation being required, in case of force majeure, strike, lockout, fire, war, mobilization, flood, other (natural) disasters and any cause of delay or external factors that do not allow the removal independent of the will of the moving company; the Contractor.
- Both parties are obliged to keep confidential all confidential information that they share with each other in the context of the agreement. Information is considered confidential if it is indicated as such or if this results from the nature of the information in question. The confidential information will only be used for the purpose for which it was provided.
If the Contractor is obliged to disclose confidential information on the grounds of a statutory provision or court order / order, the Contractor is not obliged to compensate for damage and, insofar as it concerns it, the Client is not entitled to dissolve the agreement.
- Small items (such as, for example, lusters, stand lamps, pots, etc.) must be packed transported in closed boxes in advance (except for Full-Service). If this is not the case, movers may refuse to move these items or the transport thereof will always take place at the Client’s own risk.
- If one or more provisions from these general terms and conditions are void or voidable, the other provisions will remain fully applicable. In that case, the parties will agree on new provisions to replace the void or nullified provisions, taking into account as much as possible the purpose and purport of the original provision.
- The moving of items heavier than 100 kg is at all times at the risk of the Client. The relocation of such heavy household effects / freight must be reported in writing to the Contractor prior to the commencement of the relocation. The movers are at all times entitled to refuse these items. The moving of such items must take place with at least 3 movers.
- Electronic devices must be packaged in original boxes. If this is not the case, the movers may refuse to relocate them or the transport is at all times at the risk of the client.
- The Client must report items made of natural stone to the Contractor in writing prior to the removal. In this notice should be mentioned: the dimensions, the weight and type of natural stone. If no (complete) communication about the item in question has been made, the transport will at all times take place at the own risk of the Client. Items of natural stone must at all times be transported transport-worthy in a custom-made frame work.
- The Client is responsible for properly securing and disconnection of the washing machine and drum. In the event that this has not happened, the Contractor is not liable for any damage to the washing machine and / or home and any consequential damage.
- Applicable law and choice of law, the Contractor in Amsterdam. Dutch law applies to all legal relationships, including offers, quotations and agreements concluded between the Contractor and the Client. Disputes, including disputes that are considered as such by only one party, are exclusively subject to jurisdiction in Amsterdam, unless rules of mandatory law oppose this.
- The price and time indication that the Contractor provides is fully based on the information provided by the Client by means of the application form. By accepting the price and time indication these General Terms and Conditions are automatically valid. This is also a commitment for the presence of a qualified person during the move.
- Additions and / or changes can only be added in writing prior to the commencement of the removal and must be confirmed in writing by the Contractor in advance. If the relocation situation / information deviates from reality, this is no reason for complaint or compensation. The bill must be paid in all cases.
- Mattresses (as well as the entire contents, except for Full-Service removals) must be packed in advance if they are not allowed to be dirty. If this is not the case, the transport will be at your own risk at all times.
- The Contractor shall never be liable for any damage whatsoever arising from errors in software or other computer software used by the Contractor, unless this damage can be recovered by the Contractor from the supplier of the software or computer software concerned.
- The Client is not responsible for the planting that may cause the removal of trees (high hedges, large trees, etc.) the Contractor does not cut trees or hedges. If the planting impedes the removal situation, the Contractor will at all times retain the right to move the removal and / or to call in extra manpower / material. Any waiting times of the already existing movers will be charged. The costs arising from this are at the expense of the Client.
- If a large front or back garden or gallery is present, you must inform the Contractor accordingly. If this causes delays, all additional costs of the existing staff and / or any additional services / materials required are always at the expense of the Client.
- We reserve the right, in exceptional circumstances, to change our planning in order to ensure a smooth process. The Contractor will notify you by telephone in the event of any changes.
- We reserve the right to increase the price of working hours by 100% before 9 a.m., after 10 p.m., on public holidays and after 12 working hours.
- If the Client does not pay within the set payment term, Student Moving Service will hand over the claim. All costs resulting from this will be borne by the Client and are as follows:
– Up to € 2,500.00 15% € 375.00
– Over the next € 2,500.00 10% € 625.00
– Over the next € 5,000.00 5% € 875.00
– Over the next € 190,000.00 1% € 2,775.00
– About the additional 0.5% € 6,775.00
– With a minimum amount of € 40.00
– With a maximum amount of € 6775.00
- If during the move and / or the payment it appears that the Client and / or authorized person does not have sufficient financial means to and / or refuses to pay the full total amount of the removal, the Contractor is fully entitled to (part of) the contents. to appropriate as collateral of the total amount. This seizure is subject to the retention right and can never be regarded as unlawful appropriation. By accepting the price and time indication and these General Terms and Conditions, the Client and / or authorized representative automatically authorizes the appropriation of goods as collateral if the above situation arises.
- If, after 6 months have elapsed from the term of payment, the goods of the relocation are still in the possession of the Contractor, it is fully entitled to trade the goods for the benefit of (part of) the total amount due.
- If due to unforeseen circumstances the rope & block, lift or any other material can not be placed or other services can not be carried out, another lift and / or more manpower and / or material can be called with the accompanying extra costs. Waiting times for the already existing movers and equipment are also taken into account and charged.
- Any delay may occur due to a (previous) removal, congestion, bad weather conditions and incorrectly specified information (of the previous / current / next Client) are no reason for complaint or compensation. The aforementioned causes also form a logical extension of the given starting time.
- We move through the stairs if and only if there is no other possibility. the Contractor is in all cases exempt from all liability for damage to stairwells and household effects.
- We reserve the right to charge 20% more of the total invoice amount if you do not pay the day of the move.
- Negligence interests and court costs will be recovered from you on refusal of payment.
- Rust, oxidation and water damage caused by other weather conditions or other external causes are not covered by the Contractor’s liability.
- We always work with 2 skilled movers. If at the explicit request of the Client only one skilled mover is present on a removal, any damage suffered by our man or third parties will not be covered by the liability of the Contractor.
- If the Client decides to cancel the removal, this must be reported in writing at least 48 hours in advance and confirmed by telephone, otherwise € 150.00 will be charged.
- If the Client wishes to reschedule the relocation 48 hours before the start, costs of € 150 will be charged.
- In case of problems or complaints we ask you not to enter into a discussion with the movers, but directly contact the head office via 020-2600024.
- Movers are never entitled to make promises. There can only be promises made by the management at the office, which are always confirmed in writing.
- The Contractor is not liable for waiting times caused by incorrectly parked vehicles, even if the traffic signs have been requested by the company and / or the Client. The costs for the waiting time are always at the expense of the Client.
- Exemption for damage amounts to € 450, – and is always at the expense of the Client.
- The Contractor is insured up to an amount of € 2,500,000.00 if the guidelines from these General Terms and Conditions and guidelines from the General Terms and Conditions of the Insurer have been fully and correctly complied with by the Client as agreed prior to the removal.
- The Client is responsible for the protection of all floor parts where contents must be moved, this also applies to the entire passage of the contents to all addresses that the Contractor makes on behalf of the Client. Wooden and stone floors are fragile and must be adequately protected by the Client. Damage to floor parts are always at the risk of the Client.
- By accepting the agreement of the assignment, the contractor has an obligation of best effort towards the Client, there is never a result obligation.
- The Contractor is not liable for any damage to the Client if this damage has arisen as a result of the provision of incorrect / incomplete information and / or unsound materials by the Client. This also includes moving boxes that are in a bad condition.
- The Contractor excludes all liability towards the Client, unless it proves that damage has arisen as a result of the non-execution or incorrect execution of the assignment, caused by the intent and / or gross negligence of the Contractor.
- If the Client can not be physically present during the relocation, a contact person must first be appointed. This must be present throughout the move and acts on behalf of the Client and bears all the responsibilities that this entails. This designated person also has the obligation to pay the removal immediately after completion.
- The Contractor accepts no liability whatsoever towards others than the Client, and is indemnified by the Client for the financial consequences of any such claims by third parties.
- The Contractor is never liable for consequential damage, loss of profit, missed savings and any damage whatsoever due to business stagnation of the Client.
- Any liability of the Contractor is limited to the extent of the fee agreed for the execution of the assignment, or if the insured sum for which the Contractor has a professional c. q. Company liability insurance is taken out, lower than the fee agreed for the execution of the assignment and / or the amount of the damage, the sum insured.
- The Contractor can never be held liable on account of material or physical damage, to or by the Client or to his or her helpers inflicted on anyone, even if the claim occurs on the occasion of the cooperation between an appointed person Contractor and the Client and / or his / her helper (s).
- Damage to plants, paintings, aquariums, waterbeds, animals and staircases always remains excluded from the liability of the Contractor.
- No more than 20% fragile materials may be transported per car.
- Normal mechanical, electrical and electronic disruptions without external cause are excluded from the liability of the Contractor.
- The movers always reserve the right to take a break during the move. This break will not be charged.
- The Contractor reserves the right at all times to transport potting earth / plants, or items of which the movers can not guarantee safe transport and refuse animals, or the transport thereof is at the risk of the Client. This also applies to items which are hygienically irresponsible for the Contractor and its employees.
- If the Client does not pay within the set payment term, the Contractor is free to charge a penalty percentage. These additional costs are fixed and are shown in the table below.
Penalty percentages will be charged after the expiry of the payment term
0-2 weeks: reminder + warning
2-4 weeks: reminder + warning
4-6 weeks: reminder + warning
6-8 weeks: 15%
8+ weeks: after 8 weeks, the percentage of penalties is increased by 5% every two weeks.
- All (dis)assembly work shall be performed by a Handyman, unless explicitly stated otherwise by the Contractor. The costs of a Handyman are €35,- an hour excluding VAT. Driving times are applicable. If the Client has not informed the Contractor about (dis)assembly work prior to the start of the relocation any resulting waiting times for the already present staff and / or rented equipment are at the expense of the Client.
- Household effects and / or furniture items older than 10 years are not covered by the Contractor’s liability. The integrity and sturdiness of household effects can not be guaranteed if they are older than 10 years. Or if the depreciation period has passed.
- The Client is responsible for the transport worthy packaging and protection of household effects against scratch and impact damage. Sensitive parts of household effects such as large surfaces, edges and points must be protected prior to moving. The Contractor is not liable for damage to cargo or premises if the freight of the Client has not been offered transport worthy. As an example;
Good packaging (transport worthy):
When you order your move, you automatically agree to our terms and conditions as mentioned above.